[Tagging] is tourism a good category for everything cultural?

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 07:43:57 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:56:59AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Am 23.08.2010 23:37, schrieb John Smith:
> >Martin, So its ok to shift stuff from tourism but not shift stuff from
> >amenity to emergency?

> No it's not ok to wiki-fiddling emergency, or tourism, or cultural
> or whatever […]

> OSM is *not* about seeking the nicest possible tag name, it's about
> people tagging things.

I hope we are flexible enough to allow our tagging to evolve and
improve.

> especially not, if a lot of people actually disagree with that change.

Fair enough, but what if many people agree with the change?  What if
convincing arguments are given for, many people agree with them, and the
only major disagreement is “it goes against the status quo”?

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall