[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Tagging Scheme Recommendations: highway=path, footway, trail?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:08:07 BST 2010

2010/8/26 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> n Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Cartinus <cartinus at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On Thursday 26 August 2010 12:34:26 Maarten Deen wrote:
>> > That is not how it is described in the wiki:
>> Then the wiki is wrong.

I agree with Cartinus here: the wiki is wrong. Path is not necessary
for non-motorized vehicles.

Btw,: if assisted bicycles gain more popularity we might have to
decide how to deal with them.

btw2: this should be discussed on tagging-list

> It's not detailled enough. A path is too narrow for a 4 wheels vehicle like
> a car but not for a 2 wheels vehicle like a moped or a motorbike (or no
> wheels like a snowmobile ;-).

I don't know if snowmobiles are narrower than cars.

cheers,
Martin