[Tagging] Intermittent water

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Thu Aug 26 22:03:04 BST 2010

On Thursday, August 26, 2010 02:29:01 pm, Bégin, Daniel wrote:
> Since last year I have been working with the Canadian Osm community to have the entire Canadian 50K map content (Canvec product) available in .osm format.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec
>
> The product is now available and is being uploaded in osm database by the Canadian community ...
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.354&lon=-79.343&zoom=9&layers=M
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.1841&lon=-66.4949&zoom=12&layers=M
>
> The intermittent water  tagging schema used was this one http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_cover.
>
> It was chosen with the community, mainly because it was very similar to the original data schema (Canvec product) but also because the wiki pages were saying that the proposal was still at Draft stage (not deprecate).
>
> Can we still have discussion about that and have it approved - even if it is a bit late ?-)

I've been tagging intermittent rivers and lakes (arroyos and playas, in southwestern US speak) with their usual tagging, but with intermittent=yes.

It's mentioned on the wiki somewhere… I'm not sure on the usage.

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

You're all clear now, kid.  Now blow this thing so we can all go home.
-- Han Solo (79)