[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Culvert and average contributor

edodd at billiau.net edodd at billiau.net
Fri Aug 27 14:17:48 BST 2010

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM,  <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> is that okay if I modify the wiki page and suggest to use
>>>> "tunnel=culvert" (and "ford=culvert" / "bridge=culvert")  instead of
>>>> the
>>>> ambivalent "culvert=yes" ?
>>> I'd like to know what ford=culvert means first.
>> Sorry, I should have photographed one I passed this morning, complete
>> with
>> water.
> Perhaps you can describe it? The only thing I can think of is a normal
> culvert where water also flows over the top if it's high enough.

In a town which does not have underground storm water management, the
gutters at the side of the roads have to cross one of the roads at an
intersection so you have a half-elliptical shaped culvert which traffic
crosses, making a little ford. The wikipedia definition of culvert is
simply "A culvert is a device used to channel water." and these fit into
that definition.

More information about the Tagging mailing list