[Tagging] Semicolons? (was Re: RFC: generator:* (for power=generator features))

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Aug 27 14:36:43 BST 2010

On 27.08.2010 13:13, Norbert Hoffmann wrote:
> M?rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>> That's why we try to solve issues with two values in a
>> different way:
>> amenity=bank
>> amenity=atm
>
> Perhaps API v0.7 should allow this (again). This would spare so many
> dicussions about how to avoid this.

It might be useful for some cases to allow multiple uses of the same key.

That particular example, however, seems wrong from a "modelling reality"
point of view: There is no object in reality that is both a bank and an
atm. There is a bank (object #1), there is an atm (object #2), and
object #2 is /within/ object #1. I think that creating an atm node
within a bank polygon perfectly represents this situation.

Tobias Knerr