[Tagging] sidewalks

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:15:31 BST 2010

2010/8/27 Alberto Nogaro <bartosomail at yahoo.it>:
> Not really. In Italy pedestrians are forbidden to walk on any road, when
> paths (such as sidewalks) designated for pedestrians are available.

btw.: there is also strange cases where it seems to me that the
existing signage doesn't represent the authorities will to regulate.

E.g. here:
http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=41.847187,12.47346&spn=0.001027,0.00302&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.847089,12.473383&panoid=eqrJ55YXriuM17WxzW8BfA&cbp=12,231.9,,2,1.55

(Via del Mare, Rome, IT)
There is a sign which says vehicle=no, motorcar=yes (eccetto
autovetture). But actually I am sure they also don't want pedestrians
or pedestrians which push their bike there. It has heavy traffic
(almost) all around the clock and there is no space for pedestrians

(see here some metres later):
http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=41.845682,12.471277&spn=0.001019,0.00302&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.845635,12.471174&panoid=Cv8I1oGBppHyZ8p3I-xTwg&cbp=12,241.18,,0,-6.07

I am tempted to put foot=no there even if it is legally not forbidden
(but IMHO intended).

cheers,
Martin