[Tagging] No proposal labeling

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 07:47:09 BST 2010

2010/8/29 Matthias Meißer <digi_c at arcor.de>:
> Hi, John Smith showed me, that it would be good to discuss the usage of the
> {{no proposal}} template

Why do such pages need to be tagged as such?

Why is it so important that there is any proposal page?

What about proposal pages that are moved to be the main page
describing the tag, such that there is no longer any proposal page?

> even if I thought that I allready talked about here
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2010-August/003518.html

You discussed many things in a single post.

> This template should show esp. newcommers that the feature isn't very common

How does not having a proposal tag indicate it isn't in common usage?

Isn't that what the various pages that show how much a tag is useful for?

> To me the use is to have an overview of the features that aren't ok for the
> map feature list.

You seem to be making some fairly big subjective assumptions just
because a tag lacks a proposal page.