[Tagging] How do you map handicapped parking? (and other questions)

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sun Aug 29 16:49:38 BST 2010

  On 29.08.2010 07:04, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be a tag on the wiki for either handicapped
> parking spots in a larger lot or a dedicated handicapped lot.
use capacity:disabled=n for that.

If these slots are at a specific place inside a bigger area, tag it
additionally there.
To place more details you can tag each lot dedicated as amenity=parking,
collect everything by landuse=parking and
highway=service/service=parking_aisle.
> Is building=pavilion correct for a roof with no walls?
I think, we need a little bit more details to buildings as balconys
could be tagged also.
> Is there a way to distinguish an older gnarly tree suitable for
> climbing from a recently-planted tree?
"suitable for climbing" is difficult ;)
I would point to
height=* - what could be a way to estimate the stability, too :D