[Tagging] No proposal labeling

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Mon Aug 30 18:41:36 BST 2010

> Some people try to sneak in features to the main feature list (hence
> violating the community rules that only widely accepted and in-use
> features should be added), but mostly this will not succeed,
> especially when they are disputed features, because someone will
> remove them. I don't see a point in removing undisputed features from
> the list though, just because they don't meet some formal criteria.

But why not? Ok i don't like it to have rules just to have rules, too.
But if we try to moderate the list (pros were said allready) there have
to be some rules?

We have to keep in mind, that this doesn't mean, that the tags aren't in
the wiki anymore neither, that nobody has to tag stuff that way.

> Additionally according to my experiences, most of the confusion is not
> arising by new features, but by redefinition or amendment of already
> existing ones.

I agree but how can we avoid it without doing some moderation and keep
the list clean?

This results in the funny situation that I have to do a proposal to
modify/extend a non proposed feature that is in conflict on the list ;)

Matthias