[Tagging] sidewalks

Simon Biber simonbiber at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 31 02:18:47 BST 2010

On Tue, 31 August, 2010 9:18:21 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.854348,138.535446&z=22&t=h&nmd=20100614
>
> +1. People can walk on almost every grass covered area, but I wouldn't invent
>footways just because you can walk there, I would tag them where people actually
>do walk.

I am the one who mapped the footway in the link above. And not just from the
aerial imagery, but also on my bike to gather the street names. People actually
do walk there, on the grassy strip between the roadway and the houses. You're
not supposed to walk on the asphalt road surface. Otherwise you're likely to be
run over.