[Tagging] Non Proposed Features

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Aug 31 03:10:11 BST 2010

I would expect that case (c) would still have the water flowing downhill.  Even if you have a series of pumps, water in the sections between the pumps will still flow downhill, not uphill.  About the only time I would expect any counterflow would be if water were to be added to a given section rapidly enough that its surface level was temporarily higher than in the upstream section, making that a downhill flow also.