[Tagging] Non Proposed Features

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:10:50 BST 2010

2010/8/31 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
>> Oops it's not lost. It's on the waterway=river and waterway=stream wiki pages.
>
> So how do you specify that (a) you mapped a waterway but don't know
> the direction of flow, (b) it's a stagnant channel with no real flow,
> or (c) it's an artificial drainage canal with flow changing based on
> rainfall and opening or closing of gates?

a) you will add a note or FIXME to express this to the following
mapper. At least you have a 50% chance that it is already right.
b) smell=awful ;-) ? This is not a waterway but a lake or swamp or s.th. similar
c) I am not familiar to artificial canals without inclination, but
maybe the do exist. Anyway they would be a special case which would
merit it's own special subtag to express this. I'd consider this a
really rare situation though, which I had never to deal with in my
mapping.

cheers,
Martin