[Tagging] Waterway direction

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Aug 31 14:25:19 BST 2010

On 31.08.2010 14:40, Peter Wendorff wrote:
>  On 31.08.2010 13:53, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> Personally I also map steps in a way that
>> the point from down to up.
> agree - but at steps that's not the common default, so I add
> direction=up always.

I'm using incline=up - which apparently is the somewhat more common tag:

http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/keystats_incline.html
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/keystats_direction.html

For rivers, I relied on the convention to draw them downstream. It's
mentioned in several places in the wiki and I believe that all waterways
around me have consistently been created using that convention.

Tobias Knerr