[Tagging] Map Features Wiki - SchemaTroll 2.01 update

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 12:18:31 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Sam Vekemans
<acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be building a new map features wiki website from the available
> datasets as the base set of features. Now that most of the datasets
> have now been organized, i'm looking for some help in making the page
> layout look good.

Hi Sam,
  There hasn't been much public encouragement of your hard work, so
let me say, I'm extremely excited by what you're doing here. I'm
hoping that a next step might be to define specific subsets of tags,
as kind of informal standards. "This editor implements OSM-basic-1.0
tags" etc.

Suggestion for page layout:
1) Separate all styles out into a CSS file
2) Identify all objects with class and id
3) Encourage people to make their own CSS files on userstyles.org (use
the stylish chrome/firefox extension)
4) Incorporate the best user style into the standard CSS.

Steve