[Tagging] New tag?

Robert Elsenaar robert at elsenaar.info
Sat Dec 18 15:03:59 GMT 2010

The policy of using tags in OSM is that everybody can use all the tags he
can imagine. So there are no restrictions.
The only thing is that you'd like to see your tags rendered on some map
sometimes. So it is smart to use tags others can understand.

Voila, there is a world wide library that is very handy to overcome those
lingual misunderstandings.

WIKI.OPENSTREETMAP.ORG

I just have upgraded our feature page
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NL:Kaarteigenschappen) and translated
the most important common tags to dutch concepts.
There is / should be a map feature for your country. If there's not? There
is a nice job for you to do. And I can say that it's THE way to learn most
of the tags. ;)

Robert Elsenaar