[Tagging] Deprecated features - highway=disused

Wyo otto.wyss at orpatec.ch
Tue Dec 21 21:48:20 GMT 2010

Craig Wallace wrote:
> There is a rule in the Mapnik stylesheet specifically for
> waterway=canal, disused=yes.
> There is no such rules for highways or anything else.

I'm astonished! As an ordinary mapper I'd assume the "disused=yes" would apply
to anything. In the case of highway it would horrible if a mapper just uses
disused like that. If a powerline is mapped disused nobody would care. IMO a
rule for highways should be in place just if a mapper doesn't look up such
"obvious" things in the wiki.

There are only a few ways which need rendering rules for disused (highway,
waterway, maybe railway). Anything else could be handled be a single rule, e.g.
identical as access=no.

Wyo