[Tagging] Micro Mapping, was Race track

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:37:50 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 February 2010 11:59, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Interesting, but what you're really doing (if i understand you correctly) is:
>
> You missed the point on lanes then, which is mostly what I'm
> interested in, being able to plot lanes and then describing them.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe it is best if you put
together a proposal page so we can see all aspects of your idea(s) in
one place...

>> 1) storing a way, plus
>> 2) storing an area
>
> How do you use an area to describe lanes and so forth?

A lane could be described, geometrically, by an area (to indicate the
space it takes up on the Earth's surface) and a way (to indicate the
centerline and direction of travel).