[Tagging] Micro Mapping, was Race track

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:28:57 GMT 2010

On 1 February 2010 13:19, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> I've got no problem with letting the editor do the grunt work.  But a way
> with a width is difficult to connect lengthwise to another way with a width,
> or to an area.

Why would it be any more difficult than using areas, if the editors
display the data correctly then you can edit it correctly too.

> Way information should not be on nodes.  What happens when someone connects

Nodes are the perfect point to do it, they are the 2D location, ways
give you direction, nodes give you width.

> a second way to the same node?  Now they have to examine the node to check
> whether or not there are tags on it?  No.  Bad idea.

You are assuming we are using the same tools we are using now to do
stuff, if the editors become smart enough to enter width information
they can display it as well.

The rest I'll come back to, don't have time this second to give you a
proper answer.