[Tagging] Micro Mapping, was Race track

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:59:47 GMT 2010

On 1 February 2010 13:31, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> that altitude error will always be worse than lat/lon error.  But I think
> that's a good argument for not recording absolute elevation but rather
> recording some sort of relative elevation.

The reason for absolute elevation is simply because most GPS software
isn't capable of differentiating between relative layers, although now
that I think about it some more, from a programming point of view this
seems it should only be an issue until the GPS figured out which layer
you are currently driving on.