[Tagging] US interstate Relations

Chris Hunter chunter952 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 04:53:07 GMT 2010

Hi all,

One of the members of the US Local Chapter working group suggested that I
ask for input on this list.

There are a number of inconsistencies in the way the US Interstate system is
tagged.  I've been trying to find a consensus on the talk-us list for the
best way of handling tagging the relationships, but there's a mapper who's
decided to convert all the tags on the specific interstates that they've
worked on into an arbitrary format.

To quote Richard, they've decided that "don't tag for the renderer" trumps
"don't screw the renderer over completely".

I'm not sure how many members on this list subscribe to the talk-us list,
but I'm hoping to find a few other mappers that are willing to discuss
and/or rebut the comments that have been made on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Interstate_Highway_relations

Thanks,
DiverCTH