[Tagging] US interstate Relations

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 05:08:57 GMT 2010

On 14 February 2010 14:53, Chris Hunter <chunter952 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To quote Richard, they've decided that "don't tag for the renderer" trumps
> "don't screw the renderer over completely".

I think the way the US relations are being tagged is tagging for the
renderer and the majority of information is redundent, I've put
forward a proposition on how to get the rendering to still work:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Custom_Highway_Shields

And on the talk page is some code Mike came up with to turn data into
svg to png shields. Although this is only a stop gap measure until
mapnik has native SVG support.

The only thing left then is the mapnik style sheet I guess, but I keep
getting distracted from finishing what we started.

In any case, virtually all the informaiton people are trying to stuff
into relations isn't needed and can be dealt with in pre-processing.