[Tagging] source:geolocation?

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:12:26 GMT 2010

Gday,

I'm a big fan of source:*=*. This allows for a road to be tagged with
e.g. source:name=survey + source:surface=nearmap

But there doesn't seem to be any way to specify the source of a
feature's *location*.

Consider this scenario:

There is a petrol station POI that someone has tagged with:
amenity=fuel
shop=kiosk

And let's say I know from memory that it's called "Foo Fuel", so I add the tags:
name=Foo Fuel
source:name=knowledge

Now, let's also say I trace the building outline from nearmap imagery,
copy the tags onto the building outline and delete the original node.
How should I indicate that I traced the building outline from nearmap?
I could add "source=nearmap", but that might also imply that
source:shop=nearmap, which isn't true.

Thus...is there a need for a new tag like "source:geolocation"?