[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Narrow width

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:51:30 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Don't want to stir up a whole new hornet's nest, but would that be
> kerb-to-kerb (i.e. tarmac width) or wall-to-wall (limiting the overall
> vehicle width)?

Good question. The wiki simply says "width of a way". So it's
impossible to say without a more detailed definition, or knowledge of
what others have been using it for.

I would *guess* that, for a highway=*, it should refer to the "maximum
legally usable width by a vehicle", or something like that. So that
would mean kerb-to-kerb width, unless it's legal to ride on the
sidewalk in that locale.

You could, of course, propose new tags: width:tarmac=* and
width:clearance=* (or something), if you want to get more specific.

More information about the Tagging mailing list