[Tagging] Proposed definition for cycleways (was Re: bicycle=no)

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Tue Jan 5 12:29:47 GMT 2010

Hi!

Am 05.01.2010 12:45, schrieb Richard Mann:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Nop <ekkehart at gmx.de
>
>     It is prohibited by law and you can get fined for it.
>
> It's ridiculous because pedestrians can cross a cycleway on the level
> (try that on a motorway), and 99.999% of the time pedestrians can walk
> alongside the cycleway on a paved footway (a facility that isn't
> generally provided next to a motorway). They are very different. :|

The motorway example was of your making and yes, it is bad. :-)

My point is: There is an important difference between
- a real, official cycleway (prohibited by law for others)
- some way that looks like it was pretty much suitable for cycling

About like  the difference between
- a road marked as one-way (prohibited by law in one direction)
- a road that looks like it is too narrow for two cars to pass each other

I am looking for a way to tag the difference clearly. I do not like
schemes that obfuscate it even more.

bye
	Nop