[Tagging] Proposed definition for cycleways

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Wed Jan 6 13:06:19 GMT 2010

Hi!

Am 06.01.2010 13:00, schrieb Steve Bennett:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com
> Ok, so having created an entry for Australia
> (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions#Australia),
> now does the above rule apply? That is, in Australia, according to the
> rules I've written, is "highway=path, bicycle=designated,
> foot=designated" equivalent to "highway=cycleway"?

No, with 2xdesignated the way is equally dedicated to foot+bike.

With cycleway it is mainly for bike with foot tolerated, so cycleway is
the equivalent of bike=designated, foot=yes.

But anyhow, it seems the monthly foot/bike/path discussion is on. So I'd
invite you to check the point of views and discussions of previous
instances and maybe contribute some to the summary page.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Consolidation_footway_cycleway_path

bye
	Nop