[Tagging] Easy question: _link tags for U turn/cut throughs?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 04:19:01 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Not really.  But at least it's harmless.

IMHO, wasted effort is not harmless, and I certainly wouldn't waste
effort tagging stuff unless it was beneficial to someone either now or
in the foreseeable future. But anyway.

> Well, here in Florida police are not exempt from any traffic laws (*) except
> under certain specific situations.  On the other hand, if a sign said
> "police use only", then that would be a blanket exception regardless of the
> circumstance.

Cool, worth capturing then, I guess.

> (*) Here in Florida, even those emergency situations, certain traffic laws
> still apply, and "drive wherever physically possible" is never the rule for
> anyone.

Yeah actually you're probably right - even emergency services probably
can't just drive through private land to get to an emergency.

Anyway, looks like Cartinus answered the question: access=no,
emergency=yes, and possibly police=yes.

Steve