[Tagging] Dutch cafes (was: What's a power=station?)

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:29:53 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> I still think the most important criterion is what the owner of the
> establishment says it is, not on the subjective judgement of the surveyor.

This sounds very good at first sight, but absolutely unworkable at
second. Do you really go into "The Golden Rose" and ask for the owner,
only to ask him what kind of business he runs? And things get even
more convoluted if you go to non-English speaking countries. Do you
ask him to answer you in English? Or do you take the one that sounds
closest to whatever he says it is? Or the one that the dictionary says
it corresponds to?

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com