[Tagging] What's a power=station?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Jan 20 15:09:15 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk at gmail.com> wrote:

> We map everything we can.

What in the world is that supposed to mean?  It's either untrue (as there
are plenty of things that can be mapped which aren't mapped) or begs the
question.

I have data on the homeowner of every single family residence in
Hillsborough County.  Should I map that?  How about the phone numbers of
every land-line in the United States?  Hey, why stop at land lines, we can
start mapping the locations of cell-phones too!

And POIs btw is one big reason for lot of people to map.

What evidence do you have for that?  What's "a lot of people"?  When you say
it's "one big reason", are you saying they wouldn't map at all were it not
for the ability to map what's being sold in a particular store?  What other
sorts of things do these people who feel this way map?  This would make for
an interesting study, but I highly doubt it's a study you've already
conducted.