[Tagging] What's a power=station?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 15:18:31 GMT 2010

2010/1/20 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We map everything we can.
>>

> What in the world is that supposed to mean?  It's either untrue (as there
> are plenty of things that can be mapped which aren't mapped) or begs the
> question.

no, it's not untrue. It's simply not "finished" (nor will it ever be).

> I have data on the homeowner of every single family residence in
> Hillsborough County.  Should I map that?

go and do it, and see what happens.

> How about the phone numbers of every land-line in the United States?

Do you have the data as well? Or is this just rethorical?

> Hey, why stop at land lines, we can start mapping the locations of
> cell-phones too!

really? How that? There is probably people mapping base stations...

> What evidence do you have for that?  What's "a lot of people"?  When you
> say it's "one big reason", are you saying they wouldn't map at all were it
> not for the ability to map what's being sold in a particular store?

keep it low. Everybody maps whatever she likes, and if she's not interested
you will not be able to force her. You don't want to map POIs? Don't do it.

cheers,
Martin