[Tagging] Dutch cafes (was: What's a power=station?)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 13:19:51 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/21 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>
>>
>> optimistic. IMHO, though, if there is a concept "cafe" that exists in
>> every country, and we can tag that as "amenity=cafe", then that's good
>> enough. It doesn't really matter whether a French café is the same as
>> an Australian one, or whatever.
>
> +1. If you think that it's a café, tag it like that.

Where "you" means a whole community. I would like to see more
single-country definitions. Like "In France, we map amenity=cafe if
and only if...". Then we build tables that help renderers make sense
of this stuff. Or alternatively, we build that cultural abstraction
layer into editors. Maybe.

Steve