[Tagging] What do we map

Adrian Brain adrianpbrain at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 11:20:10 GMT 2010

> >> The other option is some kind of flickr API, they claimed in July last
> >> year there was 120 million geotagged photos, that is a vast untapped
> >> resource.
>
> To help get most value from my efforts I have created a Flickr id for
> my area and used it for photos of amenities, business hours, public
> buildings, local history links and potential cycling routes.
>
> I've put all the data in osm as well and the hot links to and from
> Flickr work pretty well. (From image to osm is lower right under
> "Additional Information")
>
> See http://www.flickr.com/photos/44470358@N08/sets/.
>
> Adrian (osmapb1)
>

>> These look good.

>> Has anyone created the opposite? A map with clickable hyperlinked POIs
>> that take you to the photo source?
>> Is this even possible?

>> Cheers
>> Dave F.

That already works but is very clunky. Select "Data" overlay, select the POI, (the link is visible but not clickable), click "Details" and then the link is clickable.

See http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/487788056 for the parish church.

(This also works for Flickr slideshows and CoolIris [or it did! just tried it, now dead ])

Adrian.