[Tagging] football or soccer ?

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:21:16 BST 2010

2010/7/1 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
> On 1 July 2010 19:08, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> no, I don't generally disagree with the translations, the thing is:
>> (almost) every tag (at least of the ones in the presets) is documented
>> in the wiki in English, many of these definitions are not translated
>> into other languages. As long as you don't read and understand
>
> Not having translations or having poor translations, which seems to be
> your biggest issue, is very bad especially if we want to actually map
> most of the world, because most of the world doesn't speak english.
>
> In any case this is no longer about football or tagging, any
> suggestions on where to shift this discussion?

On having JOSM Lite version, which can be easily localizable too? I
know that current JOSM can be translated now too, but it has enough
thousand of strings to make causal translator cry (I'm translating gui
stuff every day as GNOME/Ubuntu translator).

I really don't think that messing with tags is very good idea. Users
shall not see them anyway, unless they do what software can't do
automatically.

Cheers,
Peter.