[Tagging] [education] tag insttitute

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Jul 1 21:53:06 BST 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, pavithran wrote:
> On 15 June 2010 07:09, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>
> > In fact I'd be tempted to call them a specialised college's and
> > sub-tag from there.
> In India colleges are mostly (99 %) bound by academic regulation from
> higher education boards/ universities . Guessing it would be the same
> elsewhere .
> While I am looking for a tag for institutions offering private classes
> /coaching . For example an institute which teaches for someone
> willling to study for RHCE ( Redhat certification) or PHP .
> Regards,
> Pavithran

To be fair if we are going to subtag private educational institutions
we should start
amenity= preschool/primary/secondary/tertiary/other/adult

I can't think of an umbrella term for further education / adult education 
institutions in English. We have private colleges that teach foreign students, 
getting a lot of media attention in Australia at present, places that teach 
school students after school who need extra assistance, places aimed at 
general education of adults which teach literacy, computing skills, 
photography without a nationally recognised certificate at the conclusion.

More information about the Tagging mailing list