[Tagging] Zone 30 (maxspeed)

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:31:42 BST 2010

Am 08.07.2010 12:46, schrieb John Smith:
> On 8 July 2010 20:40, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I have found a street in my hometown with special signs saying there is a limit
>> of 30 kph from 22h - 6h. The other time speedlimit is default for cities.
>> How do I tag this ?
>> Maybe we need a way to tag changing speed-limits.
>
> Like speed limit, this is just another restriction, you could tag it
> similar to how I ended up tagging school zones:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:restriction%3Dschool_zone

I Think your proposal is to restricted on one special situation, we should think
about a more general proposal where school-zone is just one possible situation.

I have found many access-restrictions by time.
There are restrictions by weather conditions.

On the street I mentioned above access is forbidden for motorcycles and hgv at
night, too.

So please link to:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extended_conditions_for_access_tags
and start discussion about merging.
I do not like the name conditions, by the way, because I think it does not cover
the time aspect, but maybe that is just because I am not a native speaker.

Cheers colliar