[Tagging] RFC on two proposals: Motorway indication; Expressway indication

David ``Smith'' vidthekid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 21:39:30 BST 2010

> From: Martin Simon <grenzdebil at gmail.com>
> Hi!
>
> Please be aware that the "motorroad" tag is not about motorway-like
> grade seperation, but only motorway-like access restrictions.
>
> I think a combination of motorroad=* and grade_seperated=* would do
> the job quite well (and could describe any combination of these
> criteria).
>
> -Martin

In that case, it sounds like my concept of an Expressway would be
pretty well covered by motorroad=yes.  Apparently it even renders like
the "expressway indication" proposal in Osmarender.  Add to that
grade_separated=* and you would indeed describe what is physically a
freeway/motorway.  Except there's no wiki page for that tag.  Is it an
approved feature?  Is it commonly used?

--
David "Smith"
a.k.a. Vid the Kid