[Tagging] What do others call this?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 02:15:04 BST 2010

On 26 July 2010 10:44, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> I think that it is likely to lead to a great deal of confusion, since the general meaning of "cellar door" is any door leading into a building's cellar.  This does not necessarily mean that the building is a winery; for example, most houses in the USA that date back to 1950 or earlier have a cellar.  The usual terminology here is that a below-ground space that is dirt-floored, or is basically just an excavation, is called a cellar; one that has finished walls and floors, so that it can better be used for storage or as living space is generally called a basement.

Are you suggesting people will confuse most cellar doors to cellars as
a tourist attraction?

I spent a bit of time and effort trying to find something similar to
this concept in other countries, these places are heavily marketed as
tourism spots in Australia in the various wine regions.

I found various tasting rooms in various countries but as best I can
tell these differ again, but I would be more than happy to be pointed
to some better references.

More information about the Tagging mailing list