[Tagging] Bridges and layers

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Jul 26 11:51:49 BST 2010

On 26/07/2010 11:37, Pieren wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Richard Mann
> <richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
> <mailto:richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Good idea, or just a local fix?
>
>     Richard
>

> Personnally, I think the easiest to fix many issues would be to draw a
> specific polygon for the bridge and link it to the roads, cycleways,
> railways, etc by a relation. I don't know for renderers but it would
> make contributors live much easier. You don't split roads anymore. You
> can align nodes in circle for your roundabout. You don't see gaps
> between the different ways going over the same bridge, etc...

That may well be true - and indeed is *much* better for dual
carriageways or other multiple ways going over bridges - but it doesn't
solve the problem for the hundreds of thousands of them already out
there that renderers have to deal with today. It also doesn't solve the
exaggerated widths problem I mentioned.

David