[Tagging] What do others call this?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Jul 26 12:18:52 BST 2010

  On 26/07/2010 11:17, Liz wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Richard Mann wrote:
>> Most vineyards have something similar, though not always so heavily
>> marketed, so I think you need to find a term that's more
>> international. Perhaps tourism=vineyard_shop or just shop=vineyard.
> It's not attached to the vineyard, it's attached to the *winery*.
> Apologies, but i live at a winery and can tell the difference.

Yes, but the vast majority of us don't & can't.

Cellar implies a below ground room, even when in context of wine.
The wiki image used has daylight pouring in.

I'm not convinced about the use of tourist attraction for this (& other) 
type of establishment.
Yes, it can be visited by tourists, but also by local individuals & 
restaurateurs etc.

Irrelevant of where it is, it's still a shop & that should be included 
in the tag.

Dave F.

More information about the Tagging mailing list