[Tagging] Bridges and layers

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Jul 26 16:35:32 BST 2010

  On 26/07/2010 16:19, Richard Mann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Dave F.<davefox at madasafish.com>  wrote:
>> So your saying to save the renders time, the data collectors have to waste
>> time adding new tags?
> There was me thinking this was a project where we each did a bit for
> mutual benefit.
>
> Richard

I would like to agree with you, but previously when I've queried about
why a render is done in a certain way I been criticized for questioning
their work, both by users who, for some reason, wanted to put the
renderers on a pedestal, & also by the map makers themselves.

I am doing my bit - I go out & collect the data & then upload it all;
something that often gets forgotten by some involved in OSM.

If you could answer my queries & show how it would be mutually
beneficial I would be willing to change my mind.

I've never noticed the problems you mentioned, could you post some
examples please.

Cheers
Dave F.