[Tagging] Bridges and layers

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 26 22:56:09 BST 2010

On Monday 26 July 2010 23:10:49 Richard Mann wrote:
> The advantage of creating a tagging scheme is that the complicated
> situations get sorted out by humans (who are good at that sort of
> thing)

In this case the humans are very bad a it, because they can't read the mind of
every graphic designer that is going to use their map data. So they don't
know how big they need to draw these fake ramps in your model.

Not to mention creating fake data is bad.

> I note that no-one (other than Colin) has suggested a different tagging
> scheme.

Because the basic idea behind it is bad. Most people won't be able to fix it
by proposing to some other tags.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus