[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Fire_Hydrant

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 08:12:28 BST 2010

On 27 July 2010 15:59, S.Higashi <s_higash at mua.biglobe.ne.jp> wrote:
> How about a fire extinguisher[1]?

I don't think this is a good idea, as they are 2 completely different things...

> Could it be included to fire_hydrant tag?
> Seems the same purpose to me.
> They are equipped by local government mainly along with residential
> roads/living streets for emergency use in Japan.

A fire hydrant is usually hooked up to water mains, where as an
extinguisher has a limited reservoir of either water or some other
chemical cocktail and may be used for various purposes depending on
the type of fire and this information could be very useful, but I'd
tag them separately...