[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Fire_Hydrant

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Jul 27 19:41:14 BST 2010

Yes, but my point was that fire extinguishers are not interchangeable with fire hydrants.  If you don't have a fire hose on hand, a fire hydrant won't be of any benefit to you, but a fire extinguisher might be of use.  Also, if the fire has already grown beyond what can be put out with a fire extinguisher can handle, but you do have a fire hose on hand, you need to know the location of the nearest fire hydrant, not of the nearest fire extinguisher.  If both fire hydrants and fire extinguishers are tagged identically, then you won't know from looking at a map which is which.