[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Fire_Hydrant

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 28 00:03:31 BST 2010

Am 28.07.2010 00:40, schrieb Richard Welty:
> On 7/27/10 8:33 AM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
>> I agree that fire hydrants and fire extinguishers should be tagged
>> differently. While both are used for putting out fires, fire
>> extinguishers (a) are limited to use on smaller fires, and (b) are
>> useful by themselves, whereas you need a suitable hose in order to use
>> a fire hydrant )and so are of use to firefighters, but not the general
>> public).
> i'm uncertain about the case for fire extinguishers -- they're small and
> portable.
> please provide scenarios where tagging extinguishers is meaningful.

They usually have a dedicated place where they have to be, very often
mounted on a wall and might even be specially marked so people can find
them better. Industrial plants often have these outside of buildings.

Of course, not all of them are worth being mapped, e.g. we're hopefully
not talking about fire extinguishers mounted on a truck ;-)

Regards, ULFL