[Tagging] emergency=*

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 06:19:01 BST 2010

On 28 July 2010 13:51, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> there is a whole suite of emergency related things that are not currently
> handled, for example, in the US, EMS services are frequently housed
> separately from fire departments and there's no tag codified for that
> at present that i know of.

People usually default to amenity=* when all else fails.

In Australia the ambulance service is a completely different
organisation to fire and police and I can almost bet some would be
tagged amenity=ambulance or amenity=ambulance_station... That isn't to
say we should keep doing this if nothing else has been documented or
used extensively...

We also have SES (State Emergency Service) which is a volunteer
organisation that helps during all other types of natural disasters
and emergencies not covered by the other 3, like when roofs are blown
off, or flooding traps people and animals etc...