[Tagging] emergency=*

Simon Biber simonbiber at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 29 09:10:31 BST 2010

John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 July 2010 16:27, Simon Biber <simonbiber at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > It seems the emergency phones used to render on Mapnik but now they don't.
> > Should we re-open the original trac ticket (link below) or submit a new one
> > get the new tagging rendered?
>
> Do you know if there was a particular reason why they stopped being rendered?

Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear.

I was suggesting that if we have decided that these things in future will  be
tagged as emergency=phone, then the renderer style sheet should be  modified so
that emergency=phone will show the icon that it currently does for
amenity=emergency_phone.

I was assuming that you are the same John Smith who made this change in the
database?

The change set comment was "Fixed Stuff" and basically a whole heap of nodes
(781 nodes) which previously were tagged as amenity=emergency_phone are now
tagged as emergency=phone.

Objects tagged as amenity=emergency_phone are still rendered with the SOS icon.
However, there are now far fewer (maybe none?) of such objects in the database.
Instead we have lots of objects tagged as emergency=phone, and that tag is not
currently rendered.