[Tagging] emergency=*

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Jul 29 18:35:30 BST 2010

John Smith wrote:
> On 30 July 2010 02:59, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:
>
>> Firstly, not all hospitals are emergency hospitals, so I think that is a bad
>> idea.
>>

> Point taken...
>

>> Secondly John, you seem to have unilaterally decided to make this change,
>> and actually implemented some of it in the course of an afternoon. Where did
>> you get the mandate to change all the tags by all of the mappers who have
>> entered these nodes etc?
>>

> Actually someone else pointed it out, and others seem to agree with it...
>

>> Discussing this for a day on the Tagging list is not enough for you to make
>> this change.
>>

> How much time should it take? I didn't really set a dead line but was
> trying to get comments on the idea...
>
> _
You have already changed amenity=ambulance_station to
emergency=ambulance_station, which was not listed above, so you have
already started to make these worldwide changes.

These changes are at least subject to the Automated Edits guidelines on
the wiki. (Yes I know you are not a bot ...)

Some people may agree with these changes, they may even be a good idea,
but deciding and changing in a few hours is a very bad idea and likely
to start a flame war (something you, John, constantly seem to relish)
and possibly an edit war.

Please engage brain before touching keyboard.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly