[Tagging] emergency=*

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:44:30 BST 2010

2010/7/29 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> amenity=police -> emergency=police_station
>> amenity=hospital -> emergency=hospital
>> amenity=fire_station -> emergency=fire_station
>>

> I don't see what hospital is doing here. An hospital may or may not have an
> emergency department/room. If you go to that way, create an
> health/healthcare category.

I second this. Emergency namespace must have definitely essential
things, but not all things. emergency=ambulance_station is definitely
right, but not emergency=hospital. It rises interesting question
though - I would suggest to tag emergency=ambulance_station (as node)
separately from hospital, as sometimes hospitals are very huge and it
is very important sometimes to *know* where actual ambulance is.

Please, let's not flame about someone changing tags already - it is
not right thing to do, bet not worth the fight. We are here for mostly
for same thing, right?

Cheers,
Peter.