[Tagging] What do others call this?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Jul 30 00:56:59 BST 2010

  On 7/29/10 6:45 PM, Steve Doerr wrote:
> Perhaps we need a factory_outlet tag? This is just a particular case
> of a factory outlet. If the factory is tagged as a winery and the shop
> as a factory outlet, the picture is complete.

in the US, factory outlet is a term that has become much abused and
no longer has its original meaning.

we now have huge malls of "outlets" that are no where near
the factories. if you introduce the term, intending its original
meaning, i can guarantee that in the US at least, it'll start
getting misused to represent these malls.

richard