[Tagging] emergency=*

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 00:46:01 BST 2010

On 31 July 2010 09:29, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
> I just don't see an ambulance/fire station as an emergency. I mean, if you
> fall down and injure yourself you don't try & get to the station you 'phone
> up & get an ambulance to come to you.

Where I live it is common to talk about the emergency services.  We
even see it on road signs - things like "no turning except emergency
vehicles".  That means fire, police, ambulance, SES (State Emergency
Services), etc.  Usually each service has it's own locations, but not
far from me there's an area which has ambulances, fire engines and a
helicopter based - and it's called the "something emergency centre"
(can't remember who they called it after).

Tagging places where emergency services are based with an emergency
tag is not strange.

> I see them as amenities & will continue to tag them as such. It's seems
> wrong to have fire as amenity &  ambulance as emergency.

I agree- fire stations should be in the emergency tag as well  :)

Stephen