[Tagging] Proposing bazaars

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 23:54:51 BST 2010

On 7 June 2010 03:57, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this case I'm guessing you could probably extend the existing
> marketplace tag with a sub-tag, rather than a new key/value pair, eg:
>
> amenity=marketplace
> marketplace=bazaar

I was nudged to expand my comment a little. Sub-typing is beneficial
because you don't need to get style sheets changed for things to
render, at least unless you want your specific tags to render slightly
differently.

Also I just checked wikipedia's deff of a bazaar:

"A bazaar (Persian: بازار, Turkish: pazar, Hindi: बाज़ार, Greek:
παζάρι (pazari), Cypriot Greek: pantopoula[1]) is a permanent
merchandising area, marketplace, or street of shops where goods and
services are exchanged or sold."

and the photos on the marketplace page show street markets, not just
the non-street types:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketplace